09 December 2010

Victory in Jesus

By Aaron Hoimyr

From the days that went before,
They were cloudy in sight,
and the weight of my heart slowed me down,
at the day of conscription, I was assigned to this life,
and there was no blue sky in sight.

As the winds blew by, and the sky began to cry,
the whole foundation of the earth began to move,
it shifted like sand and I never quite could stand,
for a second before I hit the ground.

With a loud shriek and sigh, I let out a battle cry,
to the commander of the army of my heart,
I cried out in sin, and let out within, my distorted love,
that wasn’t love at all

Praying and hoping that with him, I could smile with a grin,
and shout out, ‘This world is not my home!’
But to my dismay, as my heart was torn away,
I realized that happiness was not for me to find

But within the general’s heart, he saw I was torn apart,
and he never stopped looking for a way
to bring me back from sin, and to cleanse me from within,
so that when I prayed I’d look to him

I felt within me a yearning for some peace,
and a need to be cleansed by his flood,
tears would never do, this was something I’d have to prove:
a change of heart and mind towards his blood

Then with a sight of what I sought, my selfish desires that I fought,
and the feelings of fear that dwelt within
were repeated back to me, from the one and only king,
and I was told either to love them or turn away.

And when I chose to obey, to give in to his way,
I found his instructions led me out of the dark,
The clouds pulled away, and the night turned to day,
and my heart was filled with happiness from above.

He said unto me, if you follow my lead,
I will show you a path that’s never wrong,
you’ll see the cedar trees, and fall onto your knees,
’cause the sight you’re seeing now is God

With the day so very bright, and the mountains in my sight,
the warmth in winter frees me from within,
I don’t look at today as a break from all the pain,
but today is a victory that God has won

No day of warmth will pass away, without me knowing that today
is a victory instead of the eye of a storm,
the calm days will come, but today is different,
because the Lord has freed my heart from fallacy

From fallacy it’s risen, and his strength that he has given,
today is enough for me to see his plan is alive!
Now love will feel like rain, and I understand from today on my pain
is perservance of the saint within.

It is the Lord’s great delight, to see us withstand such a fight,
and to prove our faith to him evermore,
for when we stand with him, he’s a conquerer of sin,
and victory he claims, through Jesus our Lord

I will grow old, but sight will not fade,
my sight will increase,
my hearing will not fade,
but strengthen powerfully in the least

Because when by victory you know
that God will never let you go,
the one you hope in becomes evident for you to see,
and the promises you hear,
as you open up your ear,
will resonate louder as the days turn to years

No comments: