02 December 2010

OMG

By Jacques Tredoux

Oh, my God, how majestic is Your name
When they say Your name, without thought, in vain
If only they knew: their Saviour is you.

Oh, my God, how acceptable Your sacrifice
You suffered the cross, paid the ultimate price
If only they knew: the greatest love that is You

Oh, my God, how perfect Your resurrection
You overcame death for their perfection
If only they knew: their life is in You

Oh, my God, how gracious Your forgiveness
You forgave their sins while they were sinners
If only they knew: Your saving grace

Oh, my God, how peaceful Your presence
They strive for peace through compromise
If only they knew: Your lasting peace

Oh, my God, how comforting Your faithfulness
They seek acceptance and recognition from men
If only they knew: Your unfailing love

Oh, my God, how mighty Your protection
They rely on their own weapons, their money, on science
If only they knew: to hide in You

Oh, my God, how infinite Your wisdom
They proclaim their accomplishments with pride
If only they knew: they are insignificant compared to You

Oh, my God, please open their eyes
Please soften their hearts
If only they knew: to repent before You


No comments: