27 November 2010

God's beauty

By Aaron Hoimyr

Unto this break of day,
have I ever seen such a radiant glow,
These thoughts and wonders transcend my restless heart,
and the beauty of the dawn awakens the fragile earth

In this summer’s morn,
there is a becoming of this one’s restless heart,
mine heart of grief becomes this heart in sincerity,
all thanks to that which God creates

the gentle dew drops to the flowers,
clothed in everlasting beauty,
never to change their appearance,
but still, they hold such immaculate allurement

and still behold over the clearing,
the mountains they mock us with such
strength and power,
only overlooking those who look up to them,
but they themselves are overlooked by God


and in this summer’s morning I turn to my side
where I see the greatest of all of God’s creations
staring back at me, surrendering my heart,
I let my love shine, in thine own way,
in this, rekindling my trust with God

He hath created this world of wonderment,
this world lives in our backyards,
the miracles of the Lord stare us back in the eyes,
finally this heart of grief can see the joy,
the wonder of His might

This might hath created this allurement of the flowers,
and the gentle breeze that chills the skin,
but the wind still leaves us with a warmth,
a warmth of knowing that chill
was God’s chill

a life force from the heavens rains down its awesome power,
upon the weak, meek and lonely,
to create a world where the weak may become mighty,
and the devil himself cannot destroy us

unto the rising sun, the reflecting glory,
unto the radiant lustre of the still pure lake,
withstands this faith,
without such, nothing exists

nor does this day, be seen by all,
but only those who hold the key,
key of serenity fits this lock of faith
into the door of salvation, not many enter through

unto such a day,
i quietly whisper in the air,
“the Lord is here,”

and a gentle breeze chills my skin



No comments: