29 November 2010

Why?

By Aleta Shaheen

The young woman cried out to God saying,
Why?
Why do I have to wait, God?
Why?
What difference would it make if I did something now?
Why?
Why can’t I be like everyone else?
Why?
Will I ever be loved by someone?
Why?
Why can’t I just date him?!
Why?
Then God answered,
Why?
Why do you doubt Me?
Why?
Why can’t you just wait for Me?
Why?
Why would you want to be like them?
Why?
Why is My love not enough for you?
Why?
Why can’t you wait for the man I have chosen for you?
Why?
Why can’t you wait for the perfect timing, My timing?
Why?
Then the woman replied,
Why?
Why was I so foolish?
Why?
Why did I doubt You?
Why?
Why did I not see that I was loved?
Why?
Why would I not wait for Your timing?
Why?
Why not?

“I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him” (Psalm 62:1).


No comments: