27 November 2010

Heaven's tears

 
By Aaron Hoimyr

I’ve been here before,
Covered with tears from heaven,
Drenched with its cool distress,
As the air breathes and chills me inwardly

Before you came I was alone,
Just moisture against my skin,
And the sound of the raindrops,
Pummelling the cushioned earth,
Prepared to receive the tears of heaven

If the ground were harder I would drown in these tears,
They would flood my vision and take me downstream,
Where everything seems to flow,
Nowadays

Earthly life never made any sense,
Until your heavenly tears made the brighter things
Disappear,
Now everything is grey

Were we not told you would come,
And that those days would be dark?
What happens when the earth grows too hard to soak in rain?
Would the cobblestone paths float in the parks
While lonely lovers were trapped on park benches?

The park bench is a lifeboat,
It is the only thing that separates them from drowning,
It traps them in unconscious irony,
Those who act to remain grounded
Are whisked away by heavenly rain

The ground is groaning with need,
The earth can take you in
The calloused ground finds ways to seep in water,
And each drop brings about abundant life

After every storm brightness is returned to me,
However, I am left with a different feeling,
Green grass reminds me why you came, fulfilling our need for life,
For green grass is my home, I rest in living peace,
Until I see you again.





No comments: