27 November 2010

I am all the colours

By Karla Doell

Am I black?
Am I white?

Red is strength:
of anger, of sorrow,
of sacrifice, of loss,
of hope, of love.

Orange is spontaneous:
Full of life, innovation,
A million stars in the sky,
And you must connect the dots.

Yellow, is of being and of choosing:
loyalty, respect, courage,
faith, ignorance, humility,
disobedience, selflessness, greed.

Green is structured:
Rules that both bind and protect,
Uses facts and data,
Bringing balance and foundation.

Blue, the guide:
Twisted duo of knowledge and experience,
Words of building and encouragement,
Step by step, the right path.

Violet image turned mirage:
It is tradition, experiences, past companionship,
The important ones are treasured,
So that they cannot fade away.

The spectrum of the rainbow merge into white.
The six paints of the pallet mix into black.

Am I black?
Am I white?

No comments: